NOTE: This Installation Guide is intended for use by THRESHOLD tech support. However, many of our customers successfully install eVisitor themselves by using this guide.
- Supported version of MS Windows (Currently Windows 10 and 11). Windows XP is not supported. Windows 7 support from Microsoft ended Jan 15, 2020.
- High speed Internet connection. 1MB or better up and down recommended.
- Administrative rights on your computer. Get help from your IT department if necessary.
- Account and password (or use our free demo account). Our helpful Technical Support will
create your eVisitor account.
- Network access to our servers. Technical Specs.
- Label printer and labels.
- Optional equipment as desired.
- Tech support personnel will remote into your computer to assist with the installation.
- Restart your computer to be sure all documents are saved and all applications are closed.
- Bring up www.FastSupport.com.
- Follow the prompts to start it up.
- Enter your name and the 9 digit number you get from Tech support.
- You may need to disable your virus protection. This has not been necessary very often.
- You can try the new eVisitor setup script or (eVisitor Setup Wizard).
1. Install the barcode font
2. Install a Printer
Note: be sure the label printer is NOT selected as the windows default printer or you will get print jobs sent to it that will clog it up.
3. Install the Camera
- NOTE: DON'T load the software from the CD that came with the camera: It has unnecessary software
- Unpack and setup the camera (more info)
- Plug it into a USB port, and let windows install the driver
- If the webcam software did not download, get it from here. Select Downloads, Download Software
4. Install a Driver's License Reader
5. Install eVisitor software
- Goto the eVisitorPass install page (or try the BETA version)
- Click Install
- Click Run
- Install any the "CLR Types for SQL" and "Report Viewer" if they need to be installed
6. Start eVisitor
- Go to www.eVisitorPass.com and click on the "eVisitorPass Login" button
- or startup eVisitor by clicking on the desktop shortcut
- Logon with your Account and Password
- Watch the demo video or
- See the Users Guide.
- or call us at the number above to schedule a training session
Install the Basic Driver's License Reader
Install the Sign-out Scanner
Install for multiple Windows logons on the same computer
- eVisitor can support multiple windows users (profiles or logons) on the same computer
- eVisitor installs seperately to each user profile.
- Windows printers are also installed separately for each user profile.
- Set eVisitor
- You can have users goto https://www.thresholdsecurity.com | Visitor Software | eVisitor login. Then click the green login button.
- Or you can create a shortcut to https://support.evisitorpass.com/Login.html name it "eVisitor Login" and move it to the "public desktop".
- Or create a shortcut to: https://support.evisitorpass.com/Software/VMSClient.application name it "eVisitor Login" and move it to the "public desktop".
- BETA VER: Create a shortcut to: https://support.evisitorpass.com/Software/beta/VMSClient.application name it "eVisitor Login" and move it to the "public desktop".
- Set Printers
- For printers, make any adjustments to the "Printer Properties | Advanced | Printing Defaults." New users will inherit these defaults. You may need admin rights for this.
Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00 ET
Other times, please leave a message.