eVisitorPass on Windows XP
eVisitorPass is no longer supported on Windows XP. Microsoft ended support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014, so there are no longer security updates for XP (more info). Windows XP does not support the current security certificate in eVisitorPass.
This was the process for installing on XP back when it was supported.
1. Install barcode font
- Click here to download
- Select Save, Save, Open Folder
- Point to your Windows\Fonts folder
- Close font window
2. Install Microsoft Libraries
Note: For Windows XP, you must save the download to the local drive, and install from there.
Jan 2018 Prerequisites
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Installer 4.5
- Microsoft® System CLR Types for SQL Server® 2014 (x86) (download)
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2014 Runtime (download)
3. Continue with standard setup process
Please follow the instruction below to install eVP Client on Win XP:
1. Download prerequisites to the local machine for installation: report viewer, sqlclrtype.
2. Install the prerequisites.
3. Download the application package in zip file: http://support.evisitorpass.com/software/eVPforXP.zip
4. If WinXP is unable to open the downloaded zip file, the zip support needs to be enabled on the WinXP machine by following the instruction: http://support.evisitorpass.com/software/HowToEnableZipInXP.txt
5. Unzip the zip file downloaded to a local folder (eg. c:\datamanage\eVP) and create a desktop shortcut pointing to the file (c:\datamanage\eVP\VMSClient.exe).