NOTE: This Installation Guide is intended for use by THRESHOLD tech support. However, many of our customers successfully install eVisitor themselves by using this guide.
- Supported version of MS Windows (currently 7, 8 or 10). Windows XP is not supported. If you have XP click here for information. Windows 7 support from Microsoft ends Jan 15, 2020 (more info).
- High speed Internet connection. 1MB or better up and down recommended.
- Administrative rights on your computer. Get help from your IT department if necessary.
- Account and password (or use our free demo account). Our helpful Technical Support will
create your eVisitor account.
- Network access to our servers. more info.
- Label printer and labels.
- Optional equipment as desired. more info.
- Tech support personnel will remote into your computer to assist with the installation.
- Restart your computer to be sure all documents are saved and all applications are closed.
- Click here to bring up www.FastSupport.com .
- Follow the prompts to start it up
- Enter your name and the 9 digit number you get from Tech support.
- You may need to disable your virus protection. This has not been necessary very often.
- You can try the new eVisitor setup script or (eVisitor Setup Wizard).
1. Install the barcode font
- Click here to download
- Select Open
- Click Install
- Close font window
2. Install a Printer
3. Install the Camera
- NOTE: DON'T load the software from the CD that came with the camera: It has unnecessary software
- Unpack and setup the camera (more info)
- Plug it into a USB port, and let windows install the driver
- If the webcam software did not download, get it from here. Select Downloads, Download Software
4. Install a Driver's License Reader
5. Install eVisitor software
- Goto the eVisitorPass install page (or try the BETA version)
- Click Install
- Click Run
- Install any the "CLR Types for SQL" and "Report Viewer" if they need to install
6. Start eVisitor
- Go to www.eVisitorPass.com and click on the "eVisitorPass Login" button
- or startup eVisitor by clicking on the desktop shortcut
- Logon with your Account and Password
- Watch the demo video or
- See the Users Guide.
- or call us at the number above to schedule a training session
Install the Basic Driver's License Reader
- Plug it into a USB port and let windows install the driver.
- Use these barcodes to configure the Reader (Click here for details)
Install the Sign-out Scanner
- Plug it into a USB port and let windows install the driver
- Reset to factory defaults (click here)
Install the old Photo Driver's License Reader
Install for multiple logons on the same computer
- eVisitor supports multiple users (profiles or logons) on the same computer
- eVisitor installs saperately to each user
- Windows printers are also installed separately for each user
- Once eVisitor is setup for the first user, do this to install for other users on the same computer:
- Logon to the computer as the new user
- Go to www.eVisitorPass.com
- Click on the "eVisitorPass Logon" button
- This will put a eVisitor icon on the user's desktop, and will startup eVisitor
- If you are using a sign-out scanner, set the printer to "light" as described in the Quick Start Guide