Photo Driver's License Reader
- Download the driver here (2018 V10.15.02)
- Select DL, Biz Card, SDK
- Select Express
- Select 800DX and 800DXN
- You do NOT need the included power cord, just the USB cord.
- Plug scanner USB into computer and allow the drivers to install automatically.
- Be sure you calibrate the reader before completing the eVisitorPass installation
- A calibration card comes with the Reader. If you need another one, you can download a PDF of it here (download) (download 2-sided)
Clean the Driver's License Reader before use by using the enclosed cleaning sheet. Retain the cleaning sheet for future use.
If you encounter an error: “SDK license already in use” when trying to scan ID cards:
The fix is to uninstall the current version of the SDK and upgrade to latest version of SDK. After that change is complete add “PreventMultipleAccess=0” (without the quotes) to the bottom line of the settings in the file named "C:\Program Files (x86)\Acuant\SDK\slib.ini". Reboot and test to verify that the ScanShell scanner now works in both applications. NOTE: modifying the INI file on the old SDK version has no effect. You need to upgrade the SDK for the fix to work.
Older SDK Drivers: