eVisitor Release Notes
Kiosk Version - TBD
- Improved printer profiles.
- Add SOS
- Add SOS whitelisting
- Visitor Agreements per Visit Category
- Visitor Agreement acknowledgement in reports
Version - TBD
- Support for QS2000 passport reader (in seperate version)
- Fine tuning on Server Indexing (ongoing)
- Server upgrade (target mid June)
- Archiving - phase 1 (target end of June)
- Allow locking/hiding notes field. (no free form text input)
Version 126.96.36.199 - April 25, 2023
- Fixed pre-registration list (filtering).
- Fixed Zebra non-expiring label template.
- Fixed updating after sign-out
Version 1.9.50.x - Feb 27, 2023
- Improved launch speed for large accounts (server indexing).
- Improved record handling for large accounts (server indexing).
- Improved server efficiency.
- Updated face detection.
- Improved default template.
- Fixed full-expiring template.
Kiosk version 188.8.131.52. Jan 25, 2023.
- The kiosk carries its own barcode font. No longer rely on the barcode font installed on the computer.
- The kiosk retrieves the label length from Zebra printer and set the print position and size automatically.
Version 184.108.40.206. Target Jan 2023, Week of Jan 16th.
- Auto-scale templates to each printer.
- Printer profiles. Auto-configure known printers. Overrides available.
- Improved Zebra setup button.
- Expanded printer support.
- Update to support latest Brother printer drivers.
- Added printer profiles for Brother QL series, Seiko SLP650, Seiko SLP720.
- Auto-crop photos. Auto-zoom into the face.
- Improved photo quality. Photo sharpening.
- Auto server failover to improve availability.
Kiosk - v 220.127.116.11 - Oct 24, 2022
- Support for Zebra drivers v8
- Allow setting logo background color
- Expanded printer support
Version 18.104.22.168 - July 13, 2022
- Fixed issue with renewal notification
Version 1.9.6.x - July 2022
- Added "Red-flag no-print"
- Imbedded report tool into app
- Beta version of Zebra Config tool
- Updated code-signing certificate
- Removed new icon notification
- Integrated barcode font into app
- Fix Ariel Narrow font
Version 22.214.171.124 - Feb 2022
- Improved Covid Info UI.
- Server side improvements.
Version 1.8.9.x - Dec 2 2021
- Updated desktop icon.
- Vaccination info (beta).
- Collect information regarding if visitors have had covid-19 vaccinations or tests.
- Several bug fixes: Photo darkness, false flags?, lookup pre-reg visitors?
- Under the hood improvements.
Version 126.96.36.199 - July 26 2021
- Fixes bug that prevents editing of a currently signed-in visitor
Version 188.8.131.52 - July 19 2021
- Message notifying that the desktop icon will be updated.
- Enable photo rotation
- Support for new management console
- Reporting supports more visitor records
- Improved loading time
- Note: Microsoft is having problems with their print spooler which is causing trouble with Zebra printers. This is unrelated to this update. See knowledge base for current info.
Version 184.108.40.206 - Apr 2021 (Week of April 26)
- Fixed issues with login screen
- Fixed issues with destination dropdown list
Version 220.127.116.11 - Mar 2021 (March 8th and 17th)
- Rebranding to THRESHOLD and eVisitor completed (less the desktop icon)
- Multi-Facility support
- Improved performance option (advanced indexing)
- Can set default category per terminal
- Updated branding
- Export to csv and excel buttons are disabled until there is data to export
- Added EULA to login screen
- Destination list has type-ahead filter
- Fixed 3" templates
- Renamed "Visitor Dist" to "Visitors per hour"
- Rewired the templates so Categories use a Template now
- Can set preferred web-cam
- Print performance improvement by reducing photo size (200 px wide) of printed photo.
Version 18.104.22.168 - July 13 2020 (not optional)
- Transitional rebranding to THRESHOLD and eVisitor
- Added THRESHOLD logo
- Minor tuning
- Added "Total Unique Visitors" to "Visitors by Destination" screne
Version 22.214.171.124 - July 7 2020 (optional)
- COVID-19 features
- Facility Count
- Destination Counts
- Settings reorganized into tabs
- Enhanced Epson color printer support
- Fixed badge preview
- Added search to admin console
- Support for low resolution monitors (1024x768).
- Visit Registration Report record number limit set to 1600 from 5400 to minimize the chance of ‘Out-of-memory’ issue.
- Mouse-over tool tips set for right side tabs, ID, and camera.
Version 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 - 6/2/2020
- COVID-19 features:
- Sort and filter "Visitors Log" columns
- Exporting Visitor Log lists
- Group mode for registration
- Support for Zebra v8 drivers
- Support for Tandem-Expiring badges
- Moved "Settings" button to right side.
- Add "Delete selected" to pre-registraion screen
- True-log (server side)
Version 184.108.40.206 - 10/21/2019
- Support for latest Photo Driver License Reader drivers (220.127.116.11)
- Improved session logging
- IP filtering option
- HW drivers tracking
- Option to password the reports
Version 18.104.22.168 (kiosk) - 10/8/2019
- Supports newer Photo Driver License driver (22.214.171.124)
- Enables custom onscreen keyboard
- Has "find-your-face" feature
Version 126.96.36.199 - 9/3/2019
- Minnor bug fixes
- Re-enabled the visit record’s advanced time change. (Setting is on the account screen).
- Force the minimum app size on start to show all the screen content.
- Fixed logo not always showing up on screen.
- Improved version tracking (into terminal record).
Version 188.8.131.52 - 8/5/2019
- Add "restrict by IP range" security feature
- Performance improvements
- Improved caching
- Prep for server indexing
- Updated Sex Offender service
Version 184.108.40.206 - Nov 19, 2018
- Improved template editor
- Added "Visitor Category" to Import / Export
- Minor improvement to Photo DL reader
- Fixed older code in Accounts list
Version 220.127.116.11 - Aug 21, 2018
- Cleaned up interface:
- Added SYSTEM STATUS to logon screen
- Removed "Post Register" button
- Pre registration lookup if no Driver's License is found.
- Support for 2006 MN driver's licenses. (data less than 100 characters).
- Fixed "Fix Name" button on Driver's License read.
- Improved Driver's License reading.
- Support for new Turbo Photo Driver's License reader.
- Option to turn on local cache
- Can set "remember visitor" to each Visit Category
- Preregistration now defaults to "not remembered"
- Improved "Edit Visitor" screen:
- Added Photo editing tools
- Added Driver's License editing tools
- Added "Delete Visitor" button
- New Turbo Photo Driver's License reader
- Wireless Zebra printer
- Archiving of remembered visitors
Version 18.104.22.168 Jan 22, 2018
- The same as 22.214.171.124, but is required for 126.96.36.199.
- Upgrades the prerequisite components.
- Brings all users up to minimum .net 4.5.2.
Version 188.8.131.52 Dec, 2017
- Resolves an occasional issue with 184.108.40.206.
Version 220.127.116.11 Dec, 2017
- Microsoft has ended support for .net 4.0.
- New installations require .net 4.5.2 or up.
- Existing installations still allows use of .net 4.0.
- Improvement to "merge visitors"
Version 18.104.22.168 August 16, 2017
- Under the hood performance improvements. Speeds up startup time on large accounts.
- Added new "Visitor Traffic" report.
Version 22.214.171.124 July 12, 2017
- Refined notification of printer delay.
Version 126.96.36.199 June 12, 2017
- Support for Zebra printers
- Improved logging
- Improved terminal tracking.
- Improved diagnostics (.net version logging).
- Improved saving visitors information (company name).
- Badge Template Designer: added Text Alignment Setting.
- Full name field now allows apostorphe.
- Print Queue status logged for prolonged/delayed printing.
- current day's log is uploaded at App's close.
- Added image processing for Zebra label printers.
- Added auto-detect for Zebra label printers.
- Server Side Printing performance tracking.
Version 188.8.131.52 May 2, 2017
- Multiple performance improvements.
- Improved driver's License reading performance with the Turbo reader.
- Automated eVP subscription termination.
- Optimized single-step "sign-in-and-print" (optional)
- Badge image for printing created with simplified mechanism from WinFormAssist class.
- Account Expiring Message 60-days warning and 30-days cut-off implemented.
- Turbo DL Scan screen was changed to skip the ucPDFParser and is a dialog form now.
- DL Scanner Type choice is moved to the ucSystemStatus.
- One Step Sign-In-&-Print Server option added in to Account settings.
Version 184.108.40.206 April 18, 2017
- Multiple performance improvements
Version 220.127.116.11 March 29, 2017
- Added support for Primera LX500 inkjet printer
- Added support for Epson ColorWorks inkjet printer
- Option to turn off evacuation report button
- Added more diagnostic tools including more advanced logging. (live log and auto-upload)
- Improved memory efficiency (3/21)
- Advanced exception handling
- Changed printer status checking to only at startup and manual (3/21)
- Upgraded camera to support newer Windows (Nov 17, Beta 2)
- Added ability to make barcode grey to remove need to set printer to "light print" (Nov 17, Beta 2)
- Security update that addresses blank badges printing.
- Improved server timeout length July 14th.
- Camera feature fixed for laptop with external camera.
- Kiosk mode beta.
- Fixed system freezing when session times out.
- Improvement to Driver's License reader when no first name is read.
Version 18.104.22.168 July 25, 2016
- Added "Start Over" Button.
- Added diagnostic logging tool.
- Improved "sign-in and print" button to eliminate multiple clicks.
Version 22.214.171.124 April 21th
- Fixed bug. re-enabled multi-terminal sync.
Version 126.96.36.199 April 20th
- Improved reporting for large data sets: Better memory management.
- Improved reporting for large data sets: Export directly to .csv
- Support for new Basic Driver's License Reader
- Support for new Colorado Driver's License
- Fix to pre-printing of badges
- Admin tool for importing hosts and remembered visitors
- Admin tool for merging two visitor records together
- Option to skip ID confirmation with Driver's License Readers
Version 188.8.131.52 March 16, 2016 (install)
- Updated security certificate
Version 184.108.40.206 Feb 4, 2016 (install)
- Subscription Renewal notice
- Terminal count added to the account screens
- Flagged Visitor report header modified
- Mechanism to check the Minimum version requirement updated to force a update without increasing the version number
Version 220.127.116.11 Dec 21 2015 (install)
Version 18.104.22.168 Dec 15 2015
- Fixed a problem with the scan-out feature
Version 22.214.171.124 Dec 15 2015
- Improved performance - better memory management
- Preprint Meeting Badges: Preregister, Preprint, Scan-in, Scan-out
- Support for Ohio Driver's Licenses with our Turbo Driver's License Reader
- Improved performance of National Sex Offender lookup
- Other minor bug fixes
Version 126.96.36.199 Oct 21 2015
- Camera support for Windows 8.1 and 10
- Scan out enabled with new Turbo Driver's License reader
- Login button now on www.eVisitorPass.com
- Performance enhancement: Uses smaller thumbnail photos for Visitors Logs
- Fixes bug with pre-registration with a custom end time.
- Other minor bug fixes
Version 188.8.131.52 Aug 26 2015 (click here to run this version)
- Finished Tardy and Early Dismissal tracking
- Accomodates networks that restricts the amount of data that can be downloaded at one time.
- Fixes the 'Flag and flag comment missing' on the Remembered Visitor Report.
- Shows the version number and Update Button on the logon screen.
- Widened the Full Name field on the ID Scan result confirmation screen.
- Fixed the ocassional system crashing problem following the manual name change after scanning ID right after the eVP Client launch.
Version 184.108.40.206 July 22 2015 (click here to run this version)
- Improved performance
- - Simplified and sped up name lookup.
- - Improved memory management.
- Full name search - including by last name.
- Can enter names in LastName, FirstName format.
- Show selected Visit Category at top of Visitors Log Report.
- Tardy and Early Dismissal tracking (partially implemented).
- Supports customized default-visit-length.
- New Report on flagged visitors.
- Simplified logon, no mouse required
Server update, no client update June 16, 2015
- New server logic for future performance improvements.
Version 220.127.116.11 May 13, 2015 (click here to run this version)
- New "Automatic Sign-out" feature.
- Faster Drivers License look up.
- Minor bug fixes.
Server update, no client update Apr 26th, 2015
- Server speed improvement. Sign-in and print badges in less than 15 seconds (often 8 seconds).
Version 18.104.22.168 Apr ~13 , 2015
- Visitors Log report now based on signed-in time.
- Performance enhancement reduces network traffic.
Version 22.214.171.124 Apr 6, 2015
- Resolves minor issues with specific templates.
- Performance enhancement: Improved logo and photo handling.
Version 126.96.36.199 March 19, 2015
Version 188.8.131.52 March 12, 2015
- Performance improvements.
- Support for new Turbo Driver's License reader (in beta).
- Added "Custom Dates" to Visitor Log report.
Version 184.108.40.206 Jan 22 2015
- Bug fix reading a new drivers license.
Version 220.127.116.11 Jan 21 2015
- Performance enhancements. Pulls photos only as needed.
- Drivers license read will match a Pre-registration
Version 18.104.22.168 Dec 16 2014
- Usability improvements:
- Eliminated "Print OK?" message box. Added a "reprint" button on the Signed-in screen.
- Moved the "Sign in" button to behind the "More Actions" button.
- Highlights "Overstayed Visitors" in red on the signed-in list.
- Performance enhancements.
- Enhanced the Badge Template Editor.
- Improved the 2" x 1" template.
- Increased Data Encryption so drivers license number encryption is irreversable (using salted hash technology).
- Backward compatibility to HTTP 1.0
- Improved support for proxy servers
Version 22.214.171.124 Nov 4 2014 (click here)
- Support for custom report layouts.
- Option to "show photo" on visitor log report.
- Option to "Remember user name" on logon screen.
- Added "Account Renewal" reminder during logon.
- Added "Visitor Over Stay Warning" during logon.
Version 126.96.36.199 Oct 22 2014
- Usability improvements (subscription notification)
Version 188.8.131.52 Oct 13 2014
- Improved Multi-Terminal
- Color printer support
- Changed "Destination" on screen to "Visiting"
- Added "Visiting" to visitor log
- Enhanced the Watch lists
- Logon warning of "non-signed-out visitors"
- Enabled Evacuation Report
- Load photo from file
- Auto find DYMO or Color printer
- Usability improvements
Version 184.108.40.206 Sept 22 2014
- Multi-terminal support
- Visitor upload
- Watch list: Visitor flags (Watch List / VIP list) with notes
- Requested improvements
- Usability improvements
Version 220.127.116.11 Aug 18, 2014
- Improved Drivers License reader
- Improved System Status
Version 18.104.22.168 July 23, 2014
- Implemented Predator Gate, protecting your site from NSOPW.
Version 22.214.171.124 July 16, 2014
- Implemented SSL Data Encryption
- Improved Drivers License Reader
- Implemented System Status
- Implemented Version Logging
Version 126.96.36.199 June 30, 2014
- Implemented Drivers License Reader
- Minor improvements
Version 188.8.131.52 May 14, 2014
- Implemented scan-out with the eVisitorPass sign-out scanner
- Double click on photo to edit visitor details
- Added "sign in and print" button to the Pre-Registered list
- Added "Notes" to reports
- View Pre-Registered list by (today, this week, all)
Version 184.108.40.206 May 5, 2014
- Build single button for "Sign-in & Print"
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Hid the old controls
Version 220.127.116.11 April 23, 2014
- Redesigned the Visitor Registration screen for simplicity yet flexibility.
- Improved the color scheme. Including adding color coding for pre-registration, sign-in, and sign-out.
- Combined the "settings" and "system info" buttons.
- Improved "Free Demo". Does not require a printer or camera. Simplified loading the barcode font.
- Improved Badge Templates
- Digitally signed the software.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
- Call us if you need assistance with the new screens.
Version 18.104.22.168 April 2, 2014
- Improved look and feel
- Improved reports
- Fixed the delete button
- Removed the empty row of record in the 'Expected' Visitor list.
- Added the visit duration field in the 'Remembered Visitor Details' report.
- Supports long names and titles on the badge
- Added "System Notice" section to "Status" screen
Version 22.214.171.124 March 20, 2014
- Added Reports
- Visitor Log
- Single Visitor Detail
- This new version requires a few new components from Microsoft. Please click on each of the two links below to install the required components. Once installation has completed, rerun eVisitorPass.