eVisitor Troubleshooting Guide
eVisitor is a well-behaved Windows application. It requires a few Microsoft librarys which get installed during the INSTALL process. It usually only takes 10 minutes to install.
These are the most common resolutions toproblems installing and logging onto eVisitor.
Confirm access to our servers
- Be sure you can access the following web sites:
- The results of this will look a bit strange, but it should have text at the top saying "You have created a service"
- If you cannot access these websites, check:
- Your internet service
- Your Firewall
- Virus Scanning
- Pending Windows Updates
- For more details, see the Technical Specs page
Login to the Latest Version of eVisitor
- go to www.ThresholdSecurity.com | Visitor Software | eVisitor Login and click on the green login button.
- Allow the app to download and run.
- Click Install if that button sjhows (From this link, it installs the eVisitor app, not all the prerequisites).
- If the status at the bottom of the logon screen says "Hello VMS" then you are successfully logging in.
- If it fails, check your username and password.
Check for pending windows updates
- Be sure you do not have any pending Windows updates. This can prevent eVisitor from installing or running properly.
Uninstall eVisitor and reinstall the latest version
- Go to Settings | Apps and uninstall "eVisitor desktop"
- Go to eVisitor install page and install eVisitor . There will be a few MS prerequisis that require admin rights.
Check virus scan
- Check your network and workstation viruscan. Check virus scan logs, or windows logs to see if it is blocking eVisitorPass traffic.
Try a different computer
- Try on a different computer. A courupted or damaged windows installation can prevent eVisitorPass from working properly. If it runs on a different computer then your internet, firewall and our servers are all working properly.